- Do you have a Land Clearing Permit or an agreement in lieu of? If not, STOP ALL WORK. Obtain the necessary permits before completing any work or you may be charged a “working without a permit” fee.
- Are your E&S measures installed before you call your footing inspection?
- Are your E&S measures installed per DEQ Guidelines?
- Temporary stone entrance- area has been excavated 3”, removed roots and vegetation, has filter paper, using VDOT #1 stone with a depth of 6”. Must be cleaned out or top dressed with new stone once tracking becomes an issue
- Silt fence- Height shall be at least 16”, buried in a trench 4”x4” on the upslope side, and all joints shall be spliced with a post and wrapped to ensure continuity. Must be repaired once any holes, degradation, or undercutting occurs. Sediment must be removed once reaching approximately ½ the height of the silt fence. May be removed once disturbed area is stabilized
- Seeding- Surface will be roughened before seeding, seeds will be broadcasted per recommended amount for that particular seed, and then area shall be mulched. If using straw or hay, the rate of application is 70-90 lbs per 1000/sqft. Good rule of thumb is that you should not be able to see the bare soil underneath.
- Are your E&S measures in good shape and operating as intended (No sediment build-up in temporary stone entrance, no holes, undercutting, or degradation of silt fence, stabilization and mulching methods up to minimum standards?)
Note: E&S inspections will be added to your regular inspections and inspected by your Building Inspector.