How can I obtain copies of my plat and deed?

The clerk of the circuit court (540-967-5312) is a constitutional officer elected to an eight-year term by the voters of the locality. The clerk handles administrative matters for the court and also has authority to probate wills, grant administration of estates, and appoint guardians. The clerk is the custodian of the court’s records, and the clerk’s office is where deeds are recorded and marriage licenses issued. You may also obtain a plat of your property at the clerk’s office. The circuit court also has jurisdiction over divorce cases, disputes concerning wills and estates, and controversies involving real property.

Show All Answers

1. What permits will I need in order to build?
2. Do I need a permit for a fence?
3. My permit indicates I need a foundation survey and/or setback certification, what does this mean?
4. Do I need an inspection?
5. Do I need a building permit for a shed?
6. How long will the permitting process take?
7. How can I obtain copies of my plat and deed?
8. How do I get a business license? Can I run a business from my home?
9. I have septic system questions.
10. I have retaining wall questions.