Public Input Registration
Note comments not related to public hearings will be heard in the meeting's general public comment period. Comments related to a public hearing will be heard during the public hearing. Please check the meeting agenda to see the order of events.
Individual Speakers are given up to 3 minutes to address their remarks. Representatives of a group are given up to 5 minutes to address their remarks.
Review the Rules of Procedure before registering below.
Rules of Procedure
In accordance with the Bylaws of the Louisa County Board of Supervisors/Planning Commission, the conduct for public comment and public hearing is governed by the following rules:
- The Chair will explain the public presentation policy and will call on individuals who have signed a speaker card. Everyone who has signed a card will be permitted to speak during public comment, regardless of whether or not they are a Louisa County resident. At the conclusion of those presentations, other speakers MAY be permitted to speak, including non-Louisa County residents during a public hearing.
- Each speaker shall clearly state his or her name and actual voting district. Anyone not completing speaker registration in advance shall be required to complete a speaker card when done speaking.
- Generally, there shall be a time limit for each individual speaker up to 3 minutes and 5 minutes for group representatives. The Chair, based on the number of citizens desiring to speak, may alter time limits. Passing or deferring time between speakers is not permitted.
- The Chair or Clerk will time the speakers and notify them of their limit.
- Any issue raised by the public which the Board/Planning Commission wishes to consider may be put on the agenda for the next Board/Planning Commission meeting by a majority vote. Under exceptional cases, the Board/Planning Commission by majority vote may put an item on the current agenda.
- Board/Planning Commission members shall not discuss issues raised by the public during their presentation except by consent of the Chair or if the majority of the Board/Planning Commission so desires.
- At all times, courtesy will be expected by all speakers and maintained by all persons in attendance. The order of the public hearing:
- Applicant – up to 5 minutes to speak
- Public Comment – up to 3 minutes to speak or 5 minutes for group representative, unless limited by the Chairman
- Applicant rebuttal – up to 5 minutes
- Close public hearing
- Board/Planning Commission consideration, during which the Board/Planning Commission may pose questions to staff, other agency reps, or application if necessary