Residential/Non-Commercial Permits

Each permit package below contains instructions for completing an application for your project.

Amusement DevicesTemporary amusement devices require this permit type.  These are typically used for inflatable bounce houses and temporary rides associated with special events.

Change of Use - Permit required when a building use is changing to a new type.  New uses often have new requirements that must be inspected prior to granting occupancy.  This often occurs when a home becomes a commercial office or an office space is converted into a restaurant.

Deck -This application type is for new residential and commercial deck structures

Demolition -Destruction of residential and commercial structures

Lake Structure - Any structure build on the shores of Lake Anna

Manufactured Home - Dwellings that are manufactured wholly off-site to be placed at the location of the new home.  Often single, double wide, and triple wide trailers structures.

Modular Home - Dwellings that are constructed in whole or parts off-site to be assembled at the location of the new home.

New Non-Residential Building - Non-Commercial buildings over 256 sq ft that are not used as a primary dwelling.  These are generally accessory structures such as detached garages, sheds, and storage buildings.

New Single Family Dwelling - Residential primary dwellings such as single-family homes or townhomes.

Pool/Hot Tub - All pools, hot tubs, and spas.  Includes all material types of above-ground, in-ground and indoor structures.

Renovation/Addition - Any additions to or renovations of primary dwelling or accessory structure.

Solar Panels - Ground or roof mounted solar panels

Temporary Electrical - Temporary permit for electricity to any dwelling or accessory building, such as a garage or boathouse.

Tent - Temporary permits for tent structures over 900 sq ft.  These are typically used for temporary events such as weddings and other gatherings.

Trades - Residential and Commercial permits for all plumbing, electrical, mechanical, gas, and fire suppression projects.  Trade permits are included in New Single-Family Dwellings and Pool/Hot Tub permits.

Wells - Required for all new and replacement well installations.